||April 01, 2008
Santa Monica is adjacent to the La Preciosa project optioned by Orko from GoldCorp Inc. The Santa Monica Property covers over 17,285 hectares and is located approximately one hour and a half away by paved road from the City of Durango, in Durango State, Mexico. Currently, interpretation of recently completed field programs is underway.
To Locate a vein system like San Sebastian Mine (Hecla Au-Ag mine)
Available Data: Geophysical survey (I.P.); soil sample results, geological maps
- First Step: Regional quartz float sampling survey (Completed)
- Second Step: Local grid Geological Mapping, geochemical sampling (Completed)
- Third Step: Diamond drill program of initial target areas (Planned)
A drilling program is expected to commence in the near future to test anomalous areas developed from the geophysical surveys, geochemical sample and geological mapping.
San Sebastian Mine
Annual Production: 80,000 oz Au Eq.
- Regional quartz float sampling survey
- Local grid each 25 meters sampling trenches
- Diamond drill program of initial target areas (70 ddh)
Cut-off: 4 gr.
Recovery: Ag 90%, Au 96%
Average Grade: 17 gr Au Eq.
Staff: 150 people (included 12 geologists)